...if you are a homebased service provider, distributor, telecommuter, or
if you have a homebased business or creative studio
Working independently in a home office or creative studio requires a great deal of discipline to set priorities and pursue and complete projects and tasks in a timely manner.
As opposed to a business office setting which provides or at least implies certain guidelines, the home environment does not dictate "Be at work on time." Neither is the motivation necessarily provided to begin, focus, follow through, or complete a task, activity or project.
While we homebased business owners, service representatives, distributors, telecommuting employees, and creative professionals all enjoy similar aspects of flexibility and freedom, we also face similar challenges, with accountability only to ourselves. As service representatives, distributors and telecommuters are accountable to someone "back at the office" on a regular basis, we homebased business owners, creative artists, and professionals are accountable to our clients and customers.
So, if you are challenged with any of the following issues...
- Inability to set business hours and keep them;
- Difficulty separating home and business issues into appropriate time periods;
- Intermingled home and business documents and files, equipment and supplies;
- Inadequate, "black hole" filing and paper management systems;
- Stacks of papers because there is no filing system;
- Undesignated work areaeither an office or a work centerfor conducting business;
- Disorganized work area and storage spaces;
- Frequent 15-minute searches for important documents or information...
Let's work together to create your pleasant and efficient work environment by...
- Updating your system for tracking appointments, business and family schedules, business and personal information for effectiveness;
- Developing a customized filing system that is easy to use for processing mail, storing your administrative, client, vendor, and marketing files and information;
- Creating a bill-paying and paper-processing office or work center in your homebased locationwhether you have lots of space, or think you have none;
- Expanding the use of storage space that you already have;
- Learning techniques to get started, stay focused, prioritize projects, and use time efficiently.
Depending upon your time and budget available, I can either...
- Work side by side with you every step of the way;
- Show you the steps to get started on your filing and paper management system;
- Help you to develop plans for an efficient office space, and assist you in setup;
- Complete the projects for you; or
- Coach you by phone to help you transform your office to pleasant, efficient, effective!
Or you could...
- Transform your paper stacks into organized systems by reading and translating the concepts in my co-authored book File Anything In Your Home ... And Find It Again! to create efficient, effective filing and paper management systems for your business office.
Whatever your preference, wherever you live and work, I'm happy to help you implement...
Solutions to Enhance Productivity!